Sunday, August 9, 2009

Blog Post #2 Learning 2.0

I enjoyed the video "Pay Attention". It really did make me sit and think about how I use Learning 2.0 in my own classroom. Every year I try to add a few new projects and lessons to my usual ones to motivate my students. Last year I did a simulation for Explorers which was a huge success but now I'm trying to think of ways that I could take that simulation and add components of technology into it. I also did Science songs where my students created and recorded their own science rap songs using GarageBand. This upcoming school year I plan on having my students use RSS feeds and create their own blogs. I would also like to show them Delicious and how they can using social bookmarking sites as well.

I'm constantly visiting other teacher's websites to get ideas on how to incorporate technology into my classroom. A couple of my favorites include Mr. Coley http://mrcoley.com/ and Ms. Jasztal http://www.teachingvision.org/. Mr. Coley has been using Podcasts in his room for years. He even created study casts for his students to use. Ms. Jasztal has an entire section of her classroom website dedicated to incorporating technology into the classroom. What I like about both of these teachers, is they provide easy instructions on how other teachers can use technology too.

I think all teachers need to watch the "Pay Attention" video and analyze their own teaching. Are they using Web 2.0 in the classroom? Is Learning 2.0 an important role? If not...why?

No comments: